Top 10 Alberta NDP Policies (source: Dr. Carol Anderson, Navigator)
Written by Jane Alm on May. 26, 2015
- Increase Alberta’s corporate taxes to 12% from 10%.
- Job creation tax credit that subsidizes 10% of any new employee salary (max $5,000).
- Support economic diversification in sectors like alternative energy, high tech, advanced research and knowledge industries.
- Income tax increases for top earners: 12% on incomes $125,000 to $150,000; 13% on $150,000 to $200,000; 14% on $200,000 to $300,000; 15% over $300,000.
- Incentivize investment in value-added processing and refining of oil and gas.
- Healthcare: stabilize budgets, reverse front-line cuts, eliminate proposed health care levy.
- Infrastructure: repair hospitals and seniors’ facilities, tackle pressing deferred maintenance and construct new facilities
- Environment: phase out coal-fired electricity and expand cleaner, greener sources
- Rural Communities: better rural access to transportation, doctors, long-term care, schools and post-secondary.
- Education: Provide stable funding to school boards and post-secondary, build new schools and lower class sizes.
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers is forming an industry group to work with the new government.
If you would like more information or have any questions, feel free to contact us at 780.466.6204, or click here to send us an email.