A rapid response plan for your business
Applications for CEWS (Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy) will start being received by the government as of Monday, 27 April 2020.
While businesses may qualify for benefits under CEWS, understanding the program, determining eligibility, and submitting the proper application can create a high level of stress and uncertainty. You may even qualify for the program under the various options available and not know it.
If you do not meet the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy eligibility requirements for a period, you will be required to repay any amounts you received for that period.
Penalties may apply in cases of fraudulent claims including fines or even imprisonment.
If you artificially reduce your revenue for the purpose of claiming the wage subsidy you will be required to repay any subsidy amounts you received plus a penalty equal to 25% of the total value.” – Canadian Revenue Agency
To help you avoid a costly mistake, KWB trusted advisors are offering the following services to business owners:
- We will assess your eligibility and provide a report with our recommendations on the wage subsidy as well as additional COVID programs and supports for your business, including:
- Canada Emergency Benefit Account (CEBA) – Click here for more details on the Benefit.
- Income Tax Payment Deferral – Click here for more details on the Deferral.
- GST Payment Deferral
Calculation and Support for Subsidy
- Determine the eligibility of your employees
- Calculate eligible baseline remuneration based on pre-COVID earnings
- Calculate the gross payroll for arms length and non-arms length employees
- Complete the calculation spreadsheet for each employee to support the amount of subsidy claimed for each period
- We will apply for the CEWS subsidy on your behalf and in a timely manner
- We will provide you with a reporting package that supports your eligibility claim and subsidy calculation should CRA eventually audit your subsidy.
Support for the Edmonton Food Bank
To help out our community through these tough times, KWB will be donating a meal to Feed a Family through the Edmonton Food Bank for each engagement that we enter into to do a wage subsidy assessment and application.
Time is ticking
You can submit your CEWS (Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy) application starting on the 27th of April. Our team can prepare a proposal for you and begin your assessment.
If you would like more information or have any questions, feel free to contact us at 780.466.6204, or click here to send us an email with the subject “CEWS Proposal Request” and one of our professionals will be in contact shortly.