Tips for for the entire family
Ideas for families with children
- Set up video chat ‘play dates’ with school friends
- Don’t forget about your own needs. Keep up meditation, yoga and exercise.
- Take time to prepare meals together, get creative, let the children take control!
- Perfect time to Marie Kondo your child’s bedroom, together.
- Got a crafty skill like crochet or knitting – share the skill with your family.
- Make a short movie – stop motion using household items, a drama or comedy.
- Not creative? Colouring in is very calming, frame your favourite piece!
- Dig out the guitar and commit to learning some tunes.
- No instrument? Apps for instruments are fun with plenty of online options for example, Garage Band.
- Take a course or try first aid training or Pet First Aid online.
- Always thought you had a novel in you? A biography? Now’s the time to sit yourself down and get started.
- Napoleonic wars? Codes? Viticulture? Geography? Impressionism? 1980’s TV shows? Indulge your interest and study it like you’re going on a quiz show.
- Brain training apps – puzzles and lateral thinking. Crack cryptic crosswords.
- ABC iView
- ABC podcasts
- TED Talks: learn something new with over 3,300 videos
- Start an online bookclub with friends or neighbours.
- Visit a world-class museum or your local library online.
- Clothes need repairs? There’s a YouTube video for that.
Ideas for maintaining your well-being
- Make regular phone calls or video calls to people you know.
- Being in close confines can be stressful, watch out for signs of stress among family members.
- Work out a strategy to defuse any difficult situations or anger.
- Watch movies or sports games together, virtually.
- Get some sun every day – keep up the vitamin D.
- Stay in touch with work colleagues. If you can, working from home could help you stay busy and connected.
- Self-indulge and put on that hair mask you’ve had in the back of the drawer or give yourself a pedicure.
- Now’s the time to do those household projects you’ve been putting off.
Netflix Party is a new way to watch Netflix with your friends online. Netflix Party synchronizes video playback and adds group chat to your favorite Netflix shows.
Join over 1,000,000 people and use Netflix Party to link up with friends and host long distance movie nights and TV watch parties today!