The Canada Summer Jobs Program can cover up to 75% of your wages.
If you are planning to hire between April 26th and February 26, 2022 and want to take advantage of the Canada Summer Jobs benefit, you have until Friday, January 29th to submit your application.
Create a better future for Canadian youth
The Canada Summer Jobs program objectives are:
- To provide quality work experiences for youth in our country;
- Improve access to the labour market for youth who face unique barriers, and
- Provide opportunities to you to develop and improve their skills.
Receive up to 75 % back in wage subsidies
The program provides wage subsidies to employers with 50 or fewer full-time employees.
Employers are able to hire eligible participants aged 15 to 30 years; they do not have to be students.
Notable changes to Canada Summer Jobs 2021
Temporary flexibilities have been introduced this year due to COVID-19:
- Wage subsidies: Employers will be eligible to receive a wage subsidy of up to 75% of the provincial minimum hourly wage.
- Part-time employment: Employers may offer part-time placements.
- Employment period: Employers may offer job placements between April 26, 2021 and February 26, 2022.
- Changes to project and job activities: Employers may amend project and job activities if the proposed project is impacted by COVID-19 restrictions after an agreement is signed. In such cases, the employer should contact Service Canada to discuss potential amendments.
How to apply
There are various ways to apply:
- In person
- By mail
- Using an online fillable application;
- Using Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS);
For more information on the Canada Summer Jobs program click here.
KWB strives to keep our clients informed of news that could affect their business and their lives. If you would like to be a valued KWB client, click here or call us at (780) 466-6204.
Source: Government of Canada