In 2007, a group of small-business owners had an idea. They asked, “what would happen if we all gave back just by doing the things we do every day?” It was a question that deeply inspired them.
Three years and a great undertaking later, they were able to design the systems and processes necessary to make it work, and their dream is now a reality. The initiative was originally called ‘Buy1Give1,’ backed by the idea that companies would create a specific giving impact with each designated business transaction. Today, the B1G1 initiative brings together more than 2,600 businesses from around the world — each making significant impacts in their own ways.
KWB joined B1G1 in January 2019 and since then, we have created tens of thousands of impacts all over the world. We match services that we provide to you with projects that enrich and enhance the lives of others.
Through B1G1, we provide the following support when we help our clients:
- When we complete a year-end or T2, we provide 10 nutritious lunches for children in the Philippines
- When we complete monthly bookkeeping for a client, a woman in the Philippines receives a week of vocational training
- When a tax return is filed, we give 90 days of access to clean water to families in Ethiopia
- When we sign up a new client, we give 180 days of medical support to newborn babies in India
- When we provide monthly business coaching, we give one person access to the power of Microloan in Zambia
- When a client transitions to our monthly billing system, we give one goat to a rural family in Kenya to have sustainable income for a year
- When we onboard and train a new Quickbooks Online client, we provide 25 days of computer education to children in India
Through this program, our clients make an impact around the world when we work together.
To learn more about B1G1 and how you can do business for good, visit b1g1.com.
Your Trusted Advisor
KWB strives to keep our clients informed of news that could affect their business and livelihood. To become a KWB client visit www.kwbllp.com or call us at 780.466.6204.