The Alberta Jobs Now Program is providing up to $370 million to support private and non-profit businesses in getting Albertans back to work throughout and following the COVID-19 pandemic. Employers can apply for funding that will offset the cost of hiring and training staff for new or vacant positions.
The program is in it’s third and final intake period as of June 3, 2022 with applications closing June 30, 2022. The first intake period closed on July 23, 2021 and the second intake period closed on December 17, 2021.
Eligibility and Applications
Private sector businesses and non-profit organizations in any industry in Alberta can apply, and applications are assessed and approved on a first come, first served basis.
- Apply for a grant to offset salary and/or training costs equal to:
- 25% of a new hire’s salary up to $25,000 per employee
- 37.5% of the new hire’s salary up to $37,500 per employee with a disability
- 37.5% of the new hire’s salary up to $37,500 per employee who was previously unemployed more than 27 consecutive weeks prior to being hired
- Apply for up to 10 new hires during the third intake period
- Choose to have payments issued in one or two installments
New hires are eligible for the third application intake period if they were hired on or after December 17, 2021 and meet all other eligibility criteria.
For more information on the program and to apply, click here.
Your Trusted Advisor
Need help navigating the available support options and applications for businesses affected by the ongoing pandemic? We can help you.
KWB strives to keep our clients informed of news that could affect their business and livelihood. To become a KWB client, visit www.kwbllp.com or call us at 780.466.6204.