The City of Yellowknife is offering a Business Services Grant of $5000 to eligible businesses in order to aid in your post-COVID-19 recovery. The grant is open for applications as of May 1, 2022 and is meant to help cover the cost of business service fees related to re-opening or returning to full capacity operations.
Eligible expenses include:
- Financial advisors
- Accounting services
- Marketing programs and strategies
- Staff training programs
- And any service that helps businesses adapt and recover following the pandemic
Ineligible expenses include:
- Employee wages
- Physical promotional signs, cards, brochures, etc.
- Inventory costs
- Recurring service fees implemented pre-COVID-19
Eligible businesses must meet the following criteria:
- 20 or less employees
- Located within the city of Yellowknife
- Have a valid City of Yellowknife business license
- Operate in accordance with applicable bylaws and permits
- Be in good financial standing with the City of Yellowknife
- Must be operating since January 1, 2022
- Must be open and operating as of May 1, 2022
Qualifying industries include:
- Food and retail services
- Hospitality and tourism
- Arts, culture, and entertainment
- Personal care services
Costs incurred as of January 1, 2022 will be considered within the grant program, and applications will be reviewed and approved until all available funds are allocated.
Applications can be made here, and more information is available by emailing email@example.com.
Your Trusted Advisor
We strive to keep our clients informed of news that could affect your business and livelihood. Book an introductory meeting to learn more about how your business will benefit from KWB Accounting and Advisory services.