Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) encourages individuals to sign up for a My Account and business owners to sign up for a My Business Account. You can use these to view and interact with important updates to your information, notices of assessment, and more.
If your correspondence preferences are set to “Electronic mail,” you will receive email notifications when you have new mail from the CRA to view in your Account. You will not receive an additional paper copy in the mail.
When Canada Revenue Agency processes your claims and submissions, or when important changes are made on your account, CRA will send you an email notification. The email will indicate that you need to sign into your Account to read any notices and mail from CRA.
CRA will send you email notifications when:
- Your address has changed
- Your banking information for direct deposit has changed
- Your marital status has changed
- Your authorized representative information has changed
- Your personal identification number is created, updated, or deleted
- Your CRA userID and password have been revoked
- Mail sent to you by CRA has been returned, meaning you need to update your mailing address
- You have new CRA mail to view in My Account
You can choose to receive additional email notifications related to:
- Uncashed cheques
- When your “Submit documents” submission has been received
- When there is a file status update to your disability tax credit application
- Tax information slips being available in My Account
Some examples of CRA mail you can currently receive online include:
- Notices of assessment
- Notices of reassessment
- Benefit notices
- Adjustment notices
- Instalment reminders
- Letters asking for information and documentation for some programs
To save you time and energy, we are able to login to your Account on your behalf through the Represent a Client option and address any information and updates provided as needed, keeping you informed as necessary.
For more information on setting up your accountant as an authorized representative for your Account, click here.
To become a KWB client, we invite you to schedule a consultation. We help business owners simplify your accounting, improve your profit, and achieve your goals through a caring and helpful partnership approach.