One of our goals this year is to show you how having control over your business cash flow will help you to reach your cash flow goals sooner.
Cash flow should always be a priority for your business, but what if your business has been severely impacted by COVID-19? The good news is that you may be eligible for the EDC Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) Guarantee.
Together with your financial institution, the BCAP credit can give you access to the cash flow you need to help you get through these difficult times. You have until June 2021 to apply.
Cover business-operating costs by improving your cash flow
EDC (Export Development Canada) has collaborated with financial institutions to help Canadian businesses of all sizes that have been financially impacted by COVID-19. Should you qualify, your cash flow will receive an immediate boost through your bank or credit union. The extra cash will help you to manage everyday operating costs and inventory as well as help cover new expenses such as PPE, ventilation systems and Perspex barriers.
Who can apply?
If your business needs access to working capital to cover operational costs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be eligible for the EDC BCAP Guarantee. The program is for new operating lines of credit or new term loans to support your cash flow needs. Reach out to your financial institution to see if you qualify. They can tell you if this program is a good fit for your business and how to apply.
How it works
- This program is for new operating lines of credit or new term loans to sustain operations in response to COVID-19.
- Your financial institution determines the size of your loan or line of credit.
- EDC provides a guarantee to your financial institution for the majority of the money you borrow, encouraging them to increase your company’s access to credit.
- EDC’s goal is to work with your financial institution to ensure you have better cash flow so you can cover business-operating costs.
- EDC fees related to this guarantee may be deferred for the first six months for smaller credit amounts.
- Your business does not need to have export sales to qualify for this program.
- Eligibility for the EDC BCAP Guarantee is subject to additional requirements through approved financial institutions.
- There are certain organizations that are not supported by the EDC BCAP Guarantee. A list of these organizations can be found on this page.
KWB offers a range of advisory services to help guide your business through these unprecedented times, and to help you build a strong foundation for the future of your business.
We act as your CFO by setting your business goals, optimizing your workflow, improving your profit, managing your cash flow and implementing software that will save you time and money.
If you would like to hear more about our advisory services, or have questions regarding managing your cash flow, send us an email or call us at (780) 466-6204.