The Alberta Jobs Now Program is in it’s second intake period as of November 10, 2021 until available funding is allocated. A third intake period will be announced shortly.
The Alberta Jobs Now Program is providing up to $370 million to support private and non-profit businesses to help get Albertans back to work while the pandemic continues. Employers can apply for funding that will offset the cost of hiring and training staff for new or vacant positions.
Program improvements have been implemented for the second intake period that will help more businesses grow and recover. These include:
- New businesses established in the last year can now apply
- The minimum number of average hours a person must work has been reduced from 30 to 15 hours per week
- Employers can apply for up to 10 new hires, and can potentially access funding for up to 20 new hires if a substantial need is demonstrated
- Employers have up to 90 days to recruit for approved positions under the program
Eligibility and Applications
Private sector businesses and non-profit organizations in Alberta can apply, and applications are assessed and approved on a first come, first served basis.
- Apply for a grant to offset salary and/or training costs equal to:
- 25% of a new hire’s salary up to $25,000 per employee
- 5% of the new hire’s salary up to $37,500 per employee with a disability
- Apply for up to 10 new hires during the second intake period
- Choose to have payments issued in one or two installments
New hires are eligible for the second application intake period if they were hired on or after May 19, 2021 and meet all other eligibility criteria.
For more information on the program and to apply, click here.
Your Trusted Advisor
Need help navigating the available support options and applications for business affected by the ongoing pandemic? We can help you.
KWB strives to keep our clients informed of news that could affect their business and livelihood. To become a KWB client, visit www.kwbllp.com or call us at 780.466.6204.